Why become a KMS Member?
By supporting KMS with your membership, you are helping to preserve and promote Kenyan history, culture and artifacts. At the same time you’ll have fun at activities and events in the company of people who enjoy the same interests as you.
What you get as a KMS member
Did you know as a KMS member you are entitled to free entry to all national and regional Museums, prehistoric sites and monuments around Kenya?
The National Museum of Kenya is the custodian of Kenya’s natural and cultural
heritage that manages three World Heritage Sites, twenty-one museums and over
two hundred sites and monuments across the country. The three World Heritage
Sites are Fort Jesus, Lamu and Kaya Forest, all located in the Coast province. The sites and monuments open to the public include Gedi Ruins, Hyrax Hill, Jumba la Mtwana, Kariandusi, Koobi Fora, Mnarani, Olorgesailie, Rusinga Island, Songhor prehistoric site, Takwa-Manda Island and Thimlich Ohinga, Tom Mboya Mausoleum, Kanam prehistoric site and Simbi Nyaima in Kisumu.
Other member benefits include:
- Free entry to the Nairobi National Museum and most regional museums, prehistoric sites and monuments around Kenya.
- Bird walk with Nature Kenya at Ksh 200 and reduced rates on tree walks with FoNA.
- Entry to the Oloolua Nature Trail at half price
- Reduced rates for Activities & Events, and other programmes for members
- Monthly newsletter Tracker to keep you abreast of KMS and NMK activities.
- Email updates on KMS and NMK activities.
- KMS annual publication, Kenya Past and Present.
- Reduced advertising rates in our monthly newsletter or the annual magazine.
- 5% discount on books, purchased at the Kenya Museum Society Shop, inside the Nairobi National Museum.
- Free borrowing privileges at KMS Office library.
- Free reading privileges at Nature Kenya/National Museums of Kenya library.
Annual Membership Fees
|Visitors (valid for one month)||
|Single resident of Kenya||
|Family resident of Kenya (includes children under 18)||
|Student (one membership card)||
|Business membership Kenya (8 cards)||
|Membership is valid for one year from date of payment:|
- Mpesa Paybill No: 400800, Account No: 6571570019
- Cash – KMS Office and shop only
- Cheque – payable to: Kenya Museum Society
- Visa Card – at KMS Shop only
- Membership applications are considered only after full payment is received.
- When using your KMS membership to gain entry to NMK Museums & archeological sites, you must also provide your personal identification card.
- Corporate members using membership cards should provide their organization job identification.
- KMS membership is not transferable.