The Ewart Grogan Tour
9 – 12 November
This safari is to the remote south western tip of Tsavo West. We enter the park from Mtito Andei, spend some time at the historic Rhodesia bridge and have a picnic lunch at Mzima Springs.
This area had plantations belonging to Ewart Grogan, one of the major British settlers and landowners in colonial Kenya. There will be a tour of Ziwani estate, which had belonged to Grogan and a 40 -minute talk on Grogan and his achievements.
We have negotiated an excellent price for the 3 nights at Ziwani tented camp. It is a beautiful camp built around a lake, with crocodiles and hippo in the water. From the grounds you get lovely views of Mawenzi peak of Kilimanjaro.
We shall drive past Grogan’s castle, visit Lake Jipe and the mysterious Lake Chala and have a morning walk around the lake at Ziwani camp.
Cost: 18,800 ksh pp sharing.
Single room supplement is 4,670 per day!
Included: FB at Ziwani and a small guide fee.
Not included: transport, park entry.
Recommended reading: Edward Paice “Lost Lion of Empire”
Note: If you want to come for 2 nights you will leave Nairobi at 6am and be at Ziwani at 10am. Cost for 2 nights is 12,980ksh pp sharing
Join our mailinglist!
- Kids Dudu Walk, a short film on dragonflies – Saturday 9 December 2017December 4, 2017 - 1:05 pm
- The Giraffe Centre and Bomas of Kenya – Sunday, 17 December 2017December 4, 2017 - 12:54 pm
- Jaza Train to Magadi Safari – December 16-17December 4, 2017 - 12:50 pm
- Off-peak Mara Safari – 17-19 November, 2017September 26, 2017 - 1:11 pm
- City Walk: Heritage Tour – Sunday 8 October 2017September 26, 2017 - 1:02 pm
The Louis Leakey auditorium at the National Museum can be booked for functions - click on image to learn more or contact us.
National Museum of Kenya
P.O. Box 40658 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 (0)20 233 9158
0724 255 299 | 0780 755 231
0713 354 926 | 0724 255 299