Christmas Safari – 24 December – I January
This will be an incredible 9 day safari, climaxing at the Tana Delta. It is an awesome place, still so unspoilt. All places we stay at are Italian-owned and that usually means good Italian food.
We shall visit Tsavo East and stay at a charming place on the Galana River just outside Sala Gate for 2 nights (1HB and 1FB). This includes special dinners for the festive season. We then continue to the awesome Tana Delta where we stay above the sand dunes for 3 days (FB). We shall also take a boat ride on the Tana and enjoy its incredible birdlife as well as crocodile and hippo. AThere is also a possibility to visit the Kipini Sanctuary with its numerous wetlands and wildlife.
Back in Malindi we stay at a beachfront hotel (B&B). There is a lot to do in and around Malindi, for example:
1. Visit the Vasco Da Gama monument and the old Swahili part of Malindi.
2. Good shopping in Malindi, good restaurants and good ice cream
3. Snorkling in Watamu Marine park
4. Walk among the mangroves in Mida Creek
5. The Dakatcha Woodlands and Hell’s Kitchen
6. A walk or drive in Arabuko Sokoke forest – a remnant of the once vast coastal forests
7. A walk among the dunes at the Sabaki River Delta. There should be a lot of migrant birds
8. Do nothing – just sit on the beach
Most of these activities will involve a small fee for a local guide.
Cost : 45,000ksh pp sharing
Please sign up by 15 November. You can pay later. I need to have some idea of numbers and put down a deposit on the lodges as there is a lot of Christmas pressure.
Not included : transport, park entry Tsavo (1 day), boat ride on the Tana, entry to Kipini Sanctuary.
Mpesa Paybill No: 400800, Followed by Account No: 6571570019
By participating in the KMS trips, you are supporting the National Museums of Kenya
Contacts: 0724 255 299 or firstname.lastname@example.org