Do your kids love the outdoors?
Are they up for an engaging fun and learning activity this holiday?
Then KMS has organized a fabulous outing for kids (ages 7 to 11) to Karura Forest, the largest gazetted forest in Nairobi County. The forest is a green haven within the capital, filled with nature trails, a bamboo forest and a marshland home to a wide range of birdlife. The aim of the outing is to create environmental awareness for children from an early age.
Nurturing Young Conservationists
Saturday 6 May 2017, from 8.30am – 3.30pm
· A Forest walk (learning about trees, birds and insects and their importance)
· A Nature film screening
· Team Building activities
What the children will learn;
· Concrete ways to appreciate nature
· Names and some facts about different plants, birds and animals in the forest
· Importance of forests and conservation
· What they can do to contribute to the conservation efforts where they are (school, home…)
Cost: Ksh 1,950
· Transport (from the Museum, Return)
· Entry to the forest entry (negotiated rate)
· Guide fee
· Nature film
· Break of water, juice & biscuits
Safaricom; Mpesa Payment: Pay Bill, Business No: 400800, Account No: 6571570019
Airtel money: 0780 755 231
Note: pack a notebook, pen, picnic lunch and / or snacks and extra drinking water, for your child. They should wear comfortable walking shoes and a hat.
For planning purposes, please book and pay in advance.
Contacts: 0724 255 299, 0780 755 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org